Sunday, 16 March 2008

Tale of the Turkey Attack

This week I took the boys to the Monk Park Farm. The farm park specializes in having several varieties of pigs, sheep, cows, and goats. This is a picture of a "hairy cow" native to the Scottish highlands.




There were other animals such as chinchillas, lamas, rheas, wallabies, Shetland ponies, and well you get the picture. You can walk around and feed most of the animals grain.





We got to feed milk to lambs.

We took a break to eat our snack, when all of the sudden, a giant turkey came and jumped up on our table. It jumped like a cat, straight from the ground onto Luke's bag of chips.

I started waving my arms, and threw some grain on the ground to try and shew the turkey off our table. It wouldn't budge. The turkey started walking along our table, pecking at our food trying to eat something. The turkey didn't find what he wanted on the table because he turned his head and tried to eat Luke! He pecked poor Luke's head and got a bite of Luke's hair. Luke and Isaac were screaming and crying. I was too afraid to touch it, being somewhat paralyzed myself because I didn't want to get pecked. I yelled across the farm for help, and some one came and took the turkey off our table. About 15 minutes later, the turkey came back. Luke got down from the table, and started running away. The turkey chased him all the way into the barn. Luke was traumatized. He wouldn't eat or drink for a long time. I wonder if he will develop a phobia.

5 comments:

Christopher said...

This is the funniest story I have heard in a while. I wonder how Luke will react if you have turkey for Thanksgiving? It was fun chatting with you yesterday. Callie and I look forward to doing it again next week.

Deon said...

OK, sorry - I gotta say that I howled! Bless his little heart.. Yea, you may have some work to do on that one. He may be thrilled to EAT Turkey at Thanksgiving!
BTW, your quilt is gorgeous and the photo of your sweet boys in ties is precious. Got room for any visitors in jolly old England?

CatCrazy said...

Even though I heard the story first hand - I still had tears down my Face from the incident! Can't wait to cam with you again soon.

Sjauna said...

Poor guy! and poor you! I would have just picked up the kids and left. That's crazy!

Sherrill said...

Let me make sure I understand this correctly: While the Turkey was chasing your child trying to eat him - you decided to stop and take pictures of the incident? Good call in my opinion.
--Beau
PS. Sherrill says nice quilt.