Josh's parents came to visit us for 2 weeks. They are our first visitors in England. We had a really fun time with them and were sad to see them go. While they were here we toured Yorkshire, Scotland, and Rome. My favorite place we went was Rome, so this is where I am going to start our series of blogs related to their visit. And, my favorite place in Rome was Trevi Fountain. It was a beautiful site, and the boys loved getting wet. We stopped at Trevi Fountain 3 times. It was relaxing to listen to the water fall and fun to people watch. As we walked around Rome, every time we saw a fountain we stopped for the kids. It was a great way to cool off and feel refreshed.

In the square where Trevi Fountain is, there were a couple of men dressed up as Romans, so we thought it would be fun to have our picture taken with them. We didn't realize until afterwords, when they asked us for 5 euro that this was their business. I should have gotten a clue by the huge money sack attached to the dark haired Roman's outfit.

This fountain is outside the Pantheon. I thought Rome was really romantic looking at night, when all the lights came on.





There were many fountains around Rome and they were always a welcome sight for all of us.
4 comments:
Well you beat us in getting pictures up! It is really odd, yet funny to see you stopped at the same drinking water places we did! It must have been nice to have an extra set of people to take picturs of you, that ones thing we wish we had!
Wow! So wonderful - loved the photos. Sigh...wish we could go visit, too!
Deon
That is so great. I backpacked Europe when I was 20 yrs old and hands down, Italy was the best! I would love to go back.
Wow! It's so beautiful! All of the sudden planning a trip to Disney World doesn't seem so enticing...
Post a Comment