Saturday, 12 January 2008

The Secret Walk

Today we went on the Secret Walk as Isaac calls it. It starts out the back door of our garden, through the wooded trail, down the gravel path, around the bend, and over the river on the foot bridge, until you find yourself in the Nidd Gorge. (While the boys were on the secret walk, Mom was getting her hair done.) A note of caution should be given before setting out on the secret walk: Sometimes monsters are encountered! (Isaac and Luke can provide testimony.)

Map of the Nidd Gorge behind our home.

Some tree hugging never hurts on the secret walk.

Green moss - a sure sign of monsters.

The gravel path.

Around the bend.

Over the foot bridge.

And across the River Nidd.

6 comments:

amanda said...

Hi Dionne! I found your blog through Nanci's- this will be a fun way to keep in touch.
I was so excited to get your Christmas card and find out you are in ENGLAND!!! Wow!

CatCrazy said...

Way cute post!

KatieB said...

hey, found your blog! what the heck are you doing in england?!?!? i need updates. here's my blog http://sandiegobrowns.blogspot.com. miss yoU!

Our Bitter Sweet Life with T1D said...

The boys are so darling and Luke seems so grownup. We sure miss you guys. Your Christmas card was adorable.

Starley Family said...

Hey Dionne! I too blog stalked through Brendalyn's site. It looks so beautiful and lush there. Especially when I look outside at the crazy snow storm that hit us today. How fun you are in the same ward with the Neal's. What a small world.

Nanci said...

I can totally see why the boys think there are monsters on the trail. That green tree looks like the same color of shrek.